Racumin® Liquid Rat Poison
- Used to make-up rodenticide bait
- Multiple feed anti-coagulant rodenticide
- Reduces secondary poisoning
Pack size: 500ml
|Racumin® Liquid Rat Poison - REG. NO. L2799 Act No.36 of 1947|
Namibian Reg. No. N-AR 0015
An anti-coagulant liquid rat poison for the control of the Norway Rat, Roof Rat and House Mouse in and around human and animal dwellings, factories, warehouses and other storage premises.
UN NO. 3026
- Coumatetralyl (anti-coagulant) 8g/ℓ
- Handle with care.
- Poisonous when swallowed.
- Toxic to fish, wildlife, pigs and other domestic animals.
- Store under lock and key and away from food and feedstuffs.
- Keep out of reach of children, uninformed persons, animals, poultry and livestock.
- IN CASE OF POISONING, CALL A DOCTOR AND MAKE THIS INSERT AVAILABLE TO HIM.
- Wear rubber gloves when handling the concentrate.
- Wash with soap and water immediately after accidental skin contact.
- Do not eat, drink or smoke whilst mixing and applying or before washing hands and face.
- Thoroughly clean or destroy all mixing utensils and baiting cups and dispose of wash water where it will not contaminate crops, grazing, rivers or dams.
- Prevent contamination of edible commodities, drinking water or eating utensils and areas not under treatment.
- Take every possible precaution to keep children and domestic animals away from liquid poison bait.
- The use of baiting cups or other special containers is strongly recommended.
- Invert the empty container over the mixing utensil and allow it to drain for at least 30 seconds after the flow has slowed down to a drip.
- Rinse the empty container immediately after draining 3 times with a volume of water equal to a minimum of 10% of that of the container. Add the rinsings to the contents of the mixing utensil.
- Destroy the empty container by puncturing and reducing to bulk as much as possible before being buried and never use for any other purpose.
- After the rat control operation, all baiting cups must be collected and thoroughly cleaned. Any liquid poison bait that is left over must not be poured away in stagnant or flowing waters but buried.
|Directions for Use|
- USE ONLY AS INDICATED.
- SUGGESTIONS FOR EFFECTIVE BAITING: Survey the problem area. Establish where the rats are running to and from (their runs are easily traced by the oily dirt smears along the walls and beams) and identify the type infesting your premises e.g. Roof Rat - tail is longer than head and body; Norway Rat - tail is shorter than head and body. The Roof Rat tends to nest in roof areas, whereas the Norway Rat tends to burrow and infest lower levels.
- Rats are creatures of habit and prefer to use the same runs repeatedly. Place the liquid bait on or as close to the runs as possible, as rats seldom deviate from these runs to feed. A recommended practice is to cover up the greatest portion of the top of each baiting cup in order to minimise evaporation and especially as a precautionary measure to prevent domestic animals from drinking the liquid poison.
- Rats drink approximately three times their own body weight of water per day. To ensure that the liquid bait is taken, contaminate the surrounding water sources with a few drops of disinfectant, as rats will not drink such contaminated water. At the same time ensure that the liquid bait is kept free of dust etc.
- Racumin® Liquid Rat Poison contains a highly rodenticidal coumarin compound. In areas where rats do not have access to sources of water supply, the use of liquid poison is a highly successful way of controlling them.
The liquid bait is prepared by diluting 1 part of concentrate with 30-40 parts of clean water (e.g. 10 mℓ Racumin® Liquid in 300-400 mℓ water, or 25 mℓ in 750 mℓ – 1 litre). This bait is then poured into small, low cups made of glass, plastic or similar material (do not use metal cups) which should be strategically placed along known rat runs. When replenishing, thoroughly rinse the cups with water to remove any poison residue that may have dried on the inside of the cup. Dispose of wash water where it will not contaminate food, grazing or drinking water.
Coumatetralyl, like other Coumarin compounds has a cumulative action, i.e. small quantities must be consumed on several consecutive days until the specific symptoms of poisoning appear. Consequently, it is the repeated intake of small dosages and not a single intake of a large quantity that causes eradication of the rodents. This multiple feed efficacy reduces the risk of secondary poisoning of non-target animals.
- Skin contact – immediately remove contaminated clothing. Wash affected area with plenty of water. Seek medical advice.
- If accidentally swallowed call a physician immediately.
- Intravenous Vitamin K1, 50-150 mg on first day depending on prothrombin time.
- In severe cases small transfusions of fresh blood.
- Bleeding from the gums and nose, bleeding under the skin, pallor, haemorrhage into and around elbow and knee joints.
- Blood in urine and faeces.