- Insect growth regulator
- Chitin inhibitor
- Interrupts larval moulting process
- Control immature cockroaches, fishmoths, flies, mosquitoes and fleas
- To be used in program with residual spray for control of adult insects
- Cost effective
- Good residual
Pack sizes: 200ml, 500ml
Starycide® SC - REG. NO. L5256 Act No. 36 of 1947
An insect growth regulator which interferes with chitin synthesis and interrupts the larval moulting process.
|Triflumuron (benzoyl phenyl urea) 480 g/ℓ|
- Handle with care.
- May cause slight skin irritation.
- Toxic to fish, crustacea and other aquatic and soil arthropods.
- Store in original container, in a cool place and away from feed and feedstuffs
- Keep out of reach of children, uninformed persons and animals.
- Keep at temperatures not exceeding 40 0C
- Do not apply to animals.
- Do not inhale the spray mist.
- Wear protective clothing during application.
- Wash with soap and water after use or accidental skin contact.
- Wash clothing after day's work.
- Do not eat, drink or smoke whilst applying or mixing or before washing hands and face.
- Avoid contamination of food, feed, drinking water and eating utensils.
- Clean applicator thoroughly after use and do not leave pesticide mixture standing in applicators overnight.
- Dispose of wash water where it will not contaminate food, grazing or water.
- Triple rinse the empty pesticide container by inverting it over the spray or mixing tank and allowing it to drain for at least 30 seconds after the flow has slowed down to a drip.
- Thereafter rinse the container three times with a volume of water equal to a minimum of 10% of that of the container. Add the rinsings to the contents of the spray tank before destroying the container in the prescribed manner.
- Do not use the empty container for any other purpose
- Do not walk across treated areas (e.g. carpets) until application has dried thoroughly.
- Remove pets and cover or remove aquaria.
- Do not contaminate dams, drains, ponds, streams and other waterways with the product or used containers.
|Directions for Use|
- Use only as directed.
- Starycide® SC can be used indoors and outdoors, in commercial and industrial premises, farms, food handling and processing establishments, resturants, offices, store rooms, hospitals, schools, barracks, homes, hotels, ships, market places and warehouses.
10 mℓ / 10 ℓ water.
Spray at a rate of 50-100 mℓ spray mixture/m2.
Thoroughly spray all infested areas. Use higher rate on absorbent surfaces.
1. It is recommended that the premises are vacuumed and that the vacuum bag contents are removed before treatment takes place. This is of particular importance where adult fleas are present.
2. Ensure that pets are treated with a suitable insecticide to ensure that no re-infestation of the premises occurs.
3. When adult fleas are present, Starycide® SC must be applied with an adulticide knockdown product (e.g. Tempo® SC*). Concurrent use of procedures 1-3 is necessary to achieve satisfactory control.
4. Repeat when necessary.
Pre-wetting the soil with a garden hose may be required on very dry soil.
Fly maggots (larvae)
a. 10 mℓ / 10 ℓ water/ 10 m2.
Treat the surfaces of infested organic materials (dung, liquid manure, etc.) as soon as the first flies appear.
Starycide® SC will then prevent the development of the younger larval stages into pupae or adults. Initially adults will emerge from the existing pupae.
The treatment surface must be thoroughly soaked. Repeat the treatment when fresh layers of dung have accumulated on top of the treated layer, or when larger (older) larvae appear.
b. Initial treatment:
4 mℓ / 10 ℓ water/ 1000 ℓ manure.
Drip treatment of bunkered liquid manure:
Establish the quantity of liquid manure produced per day. Mix Starycide® SC with sufficient water and pour it into the manure (e.g. 4 mℓ of product in 10 ℓ water for 1000 ℓ manure). Ensure that this is mixed well.
2 mℓ / 10 ℓ water/ 1000 ℓ manure.
When the fly population decreases (after about 2-3 weeks) reduce the dose to 2 mℓ / 1000 ℓ manure.
If there are infested parts of a floating layer prior to drip treatment, treat these as for surface treatment.
Immature cockroaches and fishmoths
10-20 mℓ / 10 ℓ water.
Spray at 100 mℓ spray mixture/m2.
1. Apply thoroughly to cracks, crevices and other places where cockroaches and fishmoths may hide. Apply to the point of run-off.
2. For a quick initial result Starycide® SC must be applied together with an adulticide (e.g. Tempo® SC*).
3. Use higher rate for high infestations or longer action.
Litter beetle larvae
125 mℓ / 75 ℓ water/ 1500 m2.
Spray at 50 mℓ spray mixture/ m2.
1. Place the litter in each house after the house has been cleaned and disinfected. For best results allow disinfectant to dry before placing the litter into each house.
2. Spray the Starycide® SC mixture to deliver 50 mℓ/m2 over the litter area of each house. Rake all spray treatments into the litter.
3. When adult litter beetles are present Starycide® SC must be applied with a suitable adulticide such as Baythroid® WP**.
1. Aedes spp.
2. Culex, Anopheles or other species and mixed populations
67.5 mℓ / 10 ℓ water/ha.
250 mℓ / 10 ℓ water/ha.
Surface treatment of pools, ponds, marshes and other bodies of water.
Starycide® SC is effective against the youngest larval stages, which die when shedding their exoskeleton in preperation for transformation to the next instar.
Treatment does not affect the transformation of older larvae or pupae into adults. The efficacy of Starycide® SC should therefore be determined by detection of new fourth instar larvae or pupae. The detection of first instar larvae is irrelevant, as these will die as they attempt to pass into the second instar.
For treatment of mixed populations:
1. Manual sprayers: Mix 12.5 mℓ with 10 ℓ water, sufficient for 500 m2 water area.
2. Pump sprayers: Mix 125 mℓ with 10 ℓ water, sufficient for 5000 m2 water area.
3. ULV ground equipment (foggers, etc.): Mix 500 mℓ product with 10 ℓ water, sufficient for 2 ha of water area.
4. ULV arial application (aircraft, helicopter, etc.): Mix 250 mℓ product with 10 ℓ water, sufficient for 1 ha of water area.
Starycide® SC is a slow acting insecticide which has its greatest effect on the early juvenile stages of insects. Where quick action is required the use of a knockdown product as tank mix with Starycide® SC is recommended.
*Tempo® SC, Reg. No. L4544 Act No. 36 of 1947
**Baythroid® WP, Reg. No. L2198 Act No. 36 of 1947; Namibian Reg. No. N-AR 0013